Your Step by Step Guide to the Final 6 Weeks
We know that planning for your artificial insemination or IVF procedure can seem difficult. Choosing the right sperm bank and sperm donor plays a role for some, while others choose insemination through their own sperm donation. California Cryobank hopes that by planning ahead we can help make the process much easier, less stressful and less expensive.
Artificial insemination and In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) are medical procedures where success depends not only on the donor sperm, but many factors, not the least of which is following the prescribed preparation. With so much to do leading up to these procedures, patients can become easily overwhelmed. At California Cryobank we strive to make patients as comfortable as possible; and much of that comfort level derives from knowing what comes next. To that end, we have prepared a suggested timetable for patients to refer to leading up to their procedure.
Here is the CCB suggested timetable and checklist prior to your artificial insemination or IVF procedure:
5-6 Weeks Prior
4 Weeks Prior
3 Weeks Prior
- Contact our Client Services Representative for your New Client Orientation. Be sure to ask any questions you may have about timing your order properly with your artificial insemination or IVF procedure.
- Schedule photographic match (optional)
2 Weeks Prior
- Make your final donor choice for donor insemination
- Order your vial(s) up to 2 weeks in advance
- Open a Purchase and Storage account
1 Week Prior
- Perform ovulation test or see physician for ultrasound
- Call to place your order (if not already done)
- Call periodically to check donor availability (or check our website)
- Future availability of your donor can only be guaranteed by opening a Storage Account
- When you check availability, please be sure to ask for the specimen type you need (ICI, IUI or A.R.T. vials)
We understand that planning for your insemination procedure can seem overwhelming and confusing. At California Cryobank we want to make the process as comfortable as possible for you.
Our team will be there every step of the way to answer questions, including questions about sperm banks and sperm donors, address concerns, and help you prepare as much as possible for this very important step in your life.