Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews and qualifies potential donor applications according to
established guidelines; follows-up as necessary.
- Works closely with
the Donor and Marketing Departments to assist with and ensure success of donor
- Coordinates donor qualification
process, which includes issuing new donor numbers, scheduling/conducting new
donor orientations, obtaining necessary consents, compiling donor charts,
ensuring completion of program requirements, and preparing charts for medical
- Performs initial donor profile review, compiles a
comment sheet for the Genetics Counselor, and creates an initial pedigree.
- Coordinates donor disqualification process.
entering/removing donors in Identification System.
- Coordinates active
donors in the donor program, which includes monitoring vial limits, donation
frequency, routine blood draws and physical exams, managing temporary
furloughs, and counseling donors regarding specimen quality and
- Oversees donor follow-up, including inactive donors,
overdue blood draws, eligibility assessments, and donor chart/records
- Responsible for timely acquisition of donor information
items, including donor profile, baby/childhood/adult photos, donor
ratings/evaluations, audio interview, donor essay, Keirsey Temperament Sorter,
and other items as required; writes staff impressions.
retired donors; coordinates donor re-entry (including reactivations) and
updates donor records as needed.
- Oversees donor payroll.
- Provides back-up coverage for donor desk as necessary.
back-up coverage for overall branch operations as necessary.
department supplies, including forms, donor refreshments, office supplies,
movie tickets, and gift certificates.
- Prepares donor activity monthly
- Other duties and projects as required.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree,
preferably in Science, and one to two years related experience and/or
of and proficiency in MS Word and Excel.
- Familiarity with laboratory and medical
terminology and ability to travel as required.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move
up to 10 pounds.