Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with handling and shipping of specimens by performing the
- Maintains demonstrated proficiency with all
applicable Standard Operating Procedures.
- Transfers donor vials from
lab to quarantine storage and from quarantine to releasable storage.
- Transfers purchase and store and client depositor vials.
donor and client depositor inventory data; updates client chart and system;
maintains accurate inventory of specimens in storage.
shipping requests, including packaging specimens, generating shipping
documents/labels, coordinating with shipping couriers, and troubleshooting
- Maintains and tracks shipping tanks.
- Monitors equipment and storage tanks.
- Performs quality control
checks on tanks.
- Operates the remote tank monitoring system.
- Assists with various record keeping duties, including specimen distribution
and liquid nitrogen level control.
- Produces various reports, including
daily/monthly specimen distribution and package tracking/delivery
- Maintains invoices for claims and credits.
- Collates insert materials for shipments.
- Other duties and projects
Education and/or Experience
- Associate's Degree minimum, Bachelor's Degree preferred, and one to two
years related experience and/or training.
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word and Excel) required;
knowledge of database programs (e.g., MS Access) preferred.
- Excellent customer service
skills; high level of interpersonal skills to interact with peers and
management; strong attention to detail; excellent organizational skills; ability
to handle multiple tasks simultaneously; and ability to maintain
- Training in the handling of liquid nitrogen.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.