The total costs of the Directed Donor Program averages from $3,000 to $4,000. Each client has different needs and therefore the costs will vary.
Base Fee: $2,735*, including:
Payment 1 of Base Fee Due: $335 (Remaining Balance of Base Fee: $2,400)
- Initial consultation with all involved parties
- Semen analysis with test freeze (IUI (washed) or ICI (unwashed))
*Please note that the test freeze is a complimentary addition to the semen analysis
Payment 2 of Base Fee Due: $1,200 (Remaining Balance of Base Fee: $1,200)
- Physical examination
- Initial specimen freeze
- General health screening and initial infectious disease testing (via blood draw/urine sample)
Payment 3 of Base Fee Due: $1,200 (Remaining Balance of Base Fee: $0) + any applicable additional fees listed below, prior to release of vials
- Final infectious disease testing and 6 months of specimen storage
- Consultative and Professional services:
- Complete assessment of directed donor's medical social history and current health status by California Cryobank's Medical Director
- Complete evaluation of directed donor's family medical history for three generations and genetic risk assessment by California Cryobank's Genetic Counselor
Additional Fees (if applicable):
- Consultation/Semen Analysis/Test Freeze: $335 (if Directed Donor process is not pursued after this step - this will be the only applicable fee)
- Additional ICI freezes - $210 each; Additional IUI freezes - $370 each
- Genetic Testing: Applicable fees will be discussed with the genetic counselor. A California Cryobank genetic counselor will work with the donor, recipient and all applicable parties involved to determine which genetic tests are recommended.
The donor can discontinue the program at any time and should provide notice in writing to California Cryobank. If the donor does not complete the screening process, fees will not be reimbursed by California Cryobank. In addition, regardless of which party pays for the services, the donor can withdraw his permission for use of semen at any time.