The first step in ordering donor specimens from California Cryobank is to open an account.
Please be prepared to supply the following information every time you place a specimen order. You may also fill out the Order Preparation Form before calling to place your order.
- Account information:
- If you, or a member of your staff, is placing the order and you will be financially responsible for all charges, you will need to provide your account number and name on the account.
- If you, or a member of your staff, is placing the order but your patient will be financially responsible for all charges, you will need to provide your patient's account number, name on the account, and your patient's mother's maiden name.
- Complete Description of the Donor: hair color, eye color, height, weight, blood type
- Color Code of the Donor: as listed on the donor catalog (white, yellow, black, or red)
- Quantity: the quantity of specimens you will be ordering
- Specimen Type: the type of specimen you will need (ICI or IUI)
- Arrival Date: the date you would like the specimen to arrive (orders can be placed from 2 business days to 2 weeks in advance). We recommend that you request your shipment to arrive at least one day prior to use.
- Shipping: the type of shipment you will need (Standard/Priority/Overnight or Pick-Up)
Specimen orders must be placed by telephone, Monday through Friday between 6:00am and 6:00pm and Saturday from 8:30am to 12:30pm (Pacific Time). For security reasons, you must speak with a representative directly (no orders accepted by voice mail).